A Thousand Days in Tuscany by Marlena de Blasi — abandoned
My rating scale:
- 1 star: Abandoned before finishing. Don’t waste your time.
- 2 stars: Poor. Avoid with extreme prejudice.
- 3 stars: Average. Read it, have a good time and move on. Or not.
- 4 stars: Great. Push it on your friends and family.
- 5 stars: Excellent. Keep it, treasure it, reread it.
Disclaimer: My ratings are very personal and may have little to do with the book’s artistic or commercial merit, or its place in the literary canon. Rather, the rating reflects how the story, characters and writing spoke to me and augmented my understanding of the world.